When stress shows up, it can really show up. And as much as we hope it doesn’t betray us, our face is often the first to tell the world that yeah, we didn’t really clock in a full night’s rest.
A tool like this Herbivore Jade Facial Roller not only reduces the appearance of puffiness, but it’s one of our favorite tools for nourishing inner beauty, too. Just add a few drops of facial oil, and in minutes, this self-massage will help you feel de-stressed and look radiantly well rested.
Follow these gentle steps:
- Begin rolling by starting at the center of the face, under the eyes and cheekbones, moving out toward the hairline in short, gentle strokes.
- Move down to the jawbone, starting at the chin, and moving out toward the bottom of the ears.
- Next, roll above the eyebrows and forehead in an out and up motion.
- Carefully use the smaller roller around the eyes.
- To end, roll down the sides of the neck and then toward the center of the clavicle.
In the same way your muscles feel more relaxed after a nice massage, the skin on your face can experience the same release of tension after being exposed to the massaging techniques of a jade roller—at least, that’s what the skincare-obsessed side of Instagram claims.